【Coinlive Guide】Free NFT! Arbitrum Odyssey Event Week 1 (Updated)
Welcome to Arbitrum! Arbitrum is based on Optimistic Rollup and operates on Layer 2 (L2) of Ethereum (ETH), aiming to bring scalable and low-cost transactions to users of the ETH network.
Since this guide only focuses on hands-on operations, if you are interested in learning more about the above terms, you can refer to Zhihu: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/342753841
In order to advocate and encourage users of the ETH chain to use the L2 blockchain, Arbitrum launched a reward program called "Odyssey" for eight weeks. Although the first week has passed, I think it is worth sharing with you, so as to lay the basic knowledge about the Arbitrum chain for everyone. In the first week, users can receive a free NFT after completing specified tasks. Additional NFT rewards are available if another condition is met.
In this walkthrough, the author will show the easiest (but maybe not the cheapest) way to complete the task. The entire process takes less than 10 minutes and is fairly straightforward.
1. Visit the campaign page: https://galaxy.eco/arbitrum/campaign/GCCNzUtQiW
2. Connect the wallet. This guide uses the Metamask wallet.
3. Visit https://hop.exchange/ and click "Use Hop".
4. Click Connect Wallet in the upper right corner.
5. Transfer ETH from "Mainnet" to "Arbitrum". Remember not to click "Max", because we need to leave a little transaction gas (gas).
In order to minimize transaction costs, we can choose to perform tasks when the gas cost is low. You can check the real-time gas cost through https://etherscan.io/gastracker .
6. Click "Send" and wait for the transaction to go through. During this process, please stay on the mainnet.
7. Visit https://chainlist.org/ and add the "Arbitrum One" network to the Metamask wallet.
8. After the transaction is completed, switch the network of the wallet to "Arbitrum One".
9. After switching the network, we can see that our ETH has successfully arrived!
10. Go back to the activity page of step 1, "HOP Mainnet Bridger" has been highlighted, and users who have completed the task can start minting free NFT after June 28, 2022.
The second week of Odyssey has started, and Coinlive will present you the latest strategies!
Last update on June 30, 2022: The Arbitrum project has decided to suspend the Odyssey event and will restart it after the release of Nitro.
Author: [Coinlive] Nell